Take Back Your Health With Guest Noosheen Hashemi
It’s time to start viewing your health as wealth. In this episode of Journey to There, I have an in depth conversation with the phenomenal Noosheen Hashemi. Noosheen is an award-winning entrepreneur, investor, philanthropist, and founder and CEO of January.ai, a health tech company that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to prevent, predict, and postpone chronic disease. Its mission is to empower people to take back their health through knowledge and self-advocating. Noosheen and I discuss the importance of early detection, why generic advice doesn’t work on an individual level, and the impact artificial intelligence can have on your health. Listen to discover how to start taking back your health today!
In This Episode:
- [01:44] The long journey that lead Nosheen to machine learning and healthcare
- [05:36] How Covid-19 has changed the structure and nature of our working days
- [07:22] What inspired Nosheen to take a bet on herself and start her own company
- [10:22] How Nosheen’s company, January.ai, is addressing staggering diabetes statistics by helping people predict and prevent illness
- [16:11] Why generic advice doesn’t work, specifically when it comes to sugar
- [19:07] The power of AI, the years of hard work and research it took to get here, and what the future holds
- [21:33] How you can take back your health starting today
- Early detection is key, especially when it comes to diabetes. The further into diabetes that you progress, the fewer options you have, and the worse your trade offs become.
- With January.ai, you’re able to make better decisions about what you eat and what you purchase for yourself, giving you more control to still eat what you want to eat.
- AI has a huge role in bringing access to people who don’t have it today because they can’t afford this phenomenal tech.
- Keep asking why and you will come up with the answers. The earlier you catch things, the more you know about your health, the more you can self-advocate, and the better your chances are of preventing disease further down the road.
Noosheen Hashemi is an award-winning entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist. She is the founder and CEO of January.ai, a seed-stage precision health tech company that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to prevent, predict, and postpone chronic disease. She also manages a family office that includes diverse investments in over 100 companies and venture capital funds. She is the founder of the HAND Foundation, focused on supporting scholars and organizations that promote socio economic growth among the disenfranchised. She lives in San Francisco.
January.ai – https://january.ai/